The Myth: i have gone to the campus for the tour before, and so I won’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: even when you have visited campus, it is helpful to see as an admitted student as you think about your admission offer.
Just what a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard that they are part of the Trojan Family now its time for pupils to make the important decision of where you should head to college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to obtain one look that is last they make their choice.
Often times students may think it’s useless in the future to campus in April when they went on a trip their junior or year that is senior. Nevertheless, it can absolutely be worth your time to go to campus inside the context as an admitted student. Once you take a tour as a prospective student, you are coming to campus to think about applying to USC. Is this a possibility? Can I see myself right here? What information do I want to know about applying?
Visiting campus as an student that is admitted a totally various feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this true point, USC is totally a possibility. We’ve extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and close look. Where would I be residing? Who would be my classmates? Which professors is teaching my classes? What communities will we join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and commence to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You can sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day throughout your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We might be visiting a populous town near you! We realize that traveling to campus might be logistically hard, but we want to be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can be made at also you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We hope to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, and so I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a springtime acknowledge, and so I’m essentially waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And although we might be able to move a number of the learning students towards the autumn semester, springtime admission isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
Why do it is done by us? Well, every we know there will be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad year. We also possess a competitive admission process at USC, and now we can never acknowledge all the wonderful students whom connect with USC. So spring admission allows us to admit much more of the amazing pupils we wish at USC we will have more space available in the spring semester because we know.
Spring admits aren’t any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after several semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are just as much USC students as other Trojan, and we would like them at USC as some other Trojan. Visiting USC in the spring permits you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease into the college transition by taking classes at a community college that is local. You can explore the world through a study abroad program. You’ll be able to have a break through the grind and revel in a month or two off of school!
When you haven’t done this already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. There is plenty of details about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning the fall to purchasing USC football season tickets.
If you’re a spring admit, please know you are an accomplished pupil and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family. We look ahead to inviting you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. If you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everybody by June 1st with either a request for spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For all of you have already been admitted, or are wondering just what the steps that are next be in the event that you are admitted, this blog’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed that it says you’ll want to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission letter. What this means is, in the event that you have the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. If you get the letter after June 1st, you have actually two months to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill out the FAFSA and the CSS profile ASAP https://shmoop.pro/the-bell-jar-chapter-15-and-16-summary/, or even already completed. We don’t desire your power to commit to USC become held up by financial aid. The sooner these documents are had by us, the quicker we can enable you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not guaranteed for transfer pupils, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the higher the possibilities. You’ll submit your housing application ahead of the dedication deposit. USC also has off-campus student housing, so don’t neglect to check those options too.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your commitment deposit. You shall receive an email with the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your most recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you’re a Trojan!
Of course, we are always ready to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!